Welcome to Cosmetic Facelift Acupuncture!
Congratulations on deciding to use Cosmetic Acupuncture as your HEALTHY option and alternative to more invasive techniques such as plastic surgery, laser treatments and Botox or injections for looking and feeling younger. Cosmetic Acupuncture is the only healthy option for cosmetic improvements currently available to women. It is the ‘true anti-aging medicine’. Though the procedure is not well known or publicized in the Canada, it has been used for centuries in China by Emperors and the wealthy. Cosmetic Acupuncture is a relatively non-invasive procedure that brings about some amazing results that are more than just skin deep. And, it is the only cosmetic procedure that actually improves your health.
The obvious benefits include having softer, firmer skin; reduction of deeper wrinkles; possible elimination of finer wrinkles; and improvement in jowl lines. Although not visually as dramatic as a surgical procedure, Cosmetic Acupuncture actually has a much more dramatic overall effect as I have seen a number of very healthy ‘side effects’ occur. Besides the obvious visual changes, patients have reported improved digestion, better quality sleep, and reduction of hot flashes, elimination of depression and anxiety, improved energy, and an overall sense of well-being. So patients leave not only looking younger but feeling younger and healthier. I think that it is fair to say that this is the only cosmetic procedure that actually improves the health of the patient and that is why I am so passionate about what I do as a health practitioner!
How it works
From a Western medicine standpoint, Cosmetic Acupuncture works because the needling causes micro-traumas in the skin to which the body can respond by increasing blood flow and the production of collagen and elastin for wound healing. The needling, which is done at the level of the dermis, also may stimulate neurotransmitter production. From the Traditional Chinese perspective, vital ‘Qi’(Ki) energy and Blood are being brought to the face, ‘Qi’ is being lifted, and the body’s energetic systems are being put into balance. This is why the wonderful ‘side effects’ occur. The procedure is very low risk because the needling is so superficial; occasionally bruising occurs.
Besides the needling part of the procedure, you will learn about skin care, nutrition, and supplements that help you get and maintain the best results possible. The ideal procedure is then treatments that are scheduled twice a week for five weeks.
What to expect
Treatments last little more then 60 minutes except the first one which may last up to an hour and a half due the intake procedure.
A once a week for 12-20 weeks commitment is recommended for desired result. To get results commitment is vital. New collagen formation requires a month to become permanent.
To maintain results we recommend getting 2 treatments every 3 months; minimally we recommend at least 2 treatments every 6 months. If you really want to maximize results one treatment each month is ideal and repeating the entire 12 treatment protocol once a year is a great way to maintain a youthful, healthy and vibrant appearance.
Food and your skin
- Food is medicine…it’s a very natural way to improve your health.
- Avoid Smoking.
- Avoid soft drinks and sugar. Sugar makes skin saggy.
- Honey and eggs help reduce dryness. You can make a nice mask out of egg whites and olive oil or egg yolks with honey.
- Cherries (organic) benefit the skin (and are said to prolong life!)
- Green tea helps prevent sun-induced skin damage.
- Oleic acid in olive oil keeps the skin soft and smooth by reducing micro-inflammation that causes wrinkling and sagging.
- Drink clean water!
- Eat plenty of foods that are rich in antioxidants including citrus fruits, berries, watermelon, papaya, orange or red veggies, broccoli, egg yolks, raw almonds, salmon, and flax seeds.
Practitioners, Availability and Fees:
Fees and availability vary with each practitioner. For more information, please select a practitioner from the list below.
Cosmetic Acupuncture can help:
- Reduce or eliminate fine lines
- Reduce deep wrinkles
- Improve jowl lines
- Make your skin firmer and softer
Cosmetic acupuncture is contraindicated for anyone who:
- Has any seizure disorder, included epilepsy
- Has a history of migraine headaches
- Has uncontrolled hypertension (meaning; the person knows that they have high blood pressure and may even be advised to take medication, but choose not to)
- Is taking blood thinning drugs
- Is pregnant
- Is an alcoholic, a heavy smoker or who abuses drugs
Before you come to your treatment
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Take Homeopathic remedy Arnica during the weeks of treatment to help prevent bruising.
- Always use hydrating natural face and neck cream and, Vitamin A,C,E and Rose Hip Seed oil or Argan oil at night.
- Stop taking aspirin and additional doses of Vitamin E (topical use of vit E is fine) for 2 weeks prior to reduce the potential for bruising.
- Don’t wear make-up to the treatments (greasy substances have insulating properties that may block the energetic manipulation) and your skin should be clean. Eye makeup is okay.
- No hot showers, hot tub, sauna etc. 1 hour before treatment.
- Don’t wear sunscreen before, but do wear it after the treatments. Preferred are natural sunscreen products that can be found in health stores or just wear a hat to avoid direct sunlight.
Acupuncture can help to relieve symptoms of headaches and migraines and decrease the frequency of symptom re-occurrence. Many people suffer from chronic headaches and migraines. It is not uncommon to experience symptoms of pain and discomfort from tension headaches, sinus headaches or migraines that can increase in intensity with changes in barometric pressure, temperature, or with light sensitivity. In […]
As the season enters into fall and winter, changes in temperature and barometric pressure create imbalances in our body physiology. These imbalances can compromise our immune system and may often prevent our body system’s ability to adjust to these changes, leaving us vulnerable to colds & flu. Acupuncture can help improve the blood circulation in […]
The Quantum Doctor: A Physicists Guide to Health and Healing by Amit Goswami, PhD Dr. Goswami is a leading quantum physicist who has written a number of books, making current findings and theories in quantum physics accessible and readable. The Quantum Doctor explores how the new understandings in quantum physics can be integrated into conventional […]
Cosmetic Acupuncture is an effective, non-surgical treatment to reduce the signs of aging. It is based on the principles of increasing the local circulation to the face and stimulating collagen production, which fills out the lines and gives firmness to the skin for a healthy, glowing complexion. Acupuncture is a therapeutic approach which affects several […]
Cellulite is the name given to lumpy, irregular fatty deposits that appear as dimpled skin around women’s hips, buttocks, and thighs. Acupuncture is a safe, natural way to help eliminate cellulite. Even though cellulite affects your outward appearance, it appears in the deeper layer of your skin. That’s why external treatments like topical creams cannot effectively […]